Climaxing turns out to be one of the healthiest activities you can do. Barry Komisaruk at Rutgers University in Newark, New Jersey, foremost researcher on the brain explains that when a woman has a full orgasm, 30 areas of her brain light up on a scan, more than any other human activity.
Sometimes for we ladies it is good to be reminded that sex is good for our health, well-being, looks and heart. It’s possible to adjust our attitude and forgo a few more minutes of sleep or watching another TV show in lieu of some good romping in the hay, all in the name of healthy living.
Men do not need to be told the benefits of love-making. Their needs and desires are proof enough to them of the importance of being intimate. Having excellent orgasms is a huge motivation for them. If you could have huge, releasing orgasms each time you had intercourse, then you would want more sex, too.
In addition to the possibility of great pleasure, sex IS important for many other reasons. Here is a list of a few of the many benefits of having sex and orgasms.
- Studies show that regular ejaculation in men is better for the prostate and lowers a man’s risk of prostate cancer and that women who have more frequent orgasms live longer. The Brain in Love, by Dr. Daniel G. Amen M.D.
- Sex increases oxygen in the body.
- Sex increases your heart rate and improves heart health.
- Sex releases mood enhancing chemicals such as endorphins and oxytocin.
- Regular sex improves loving relationships. Your love life is as important as your relationship. Many relationships dry up and fade away without regular sex. Sex creates a stronger, deeper bond for you and for him. Sex is a need for males, as much as feeling connected and loved is for us.
- Sex can relieve a headache, stress and other tension related pain. An orgasm releases oxytocin, which is a natural pain reliever. Next time you have pain, go to bed with your partner. With a headache, it is most affective to have sex when the headache is beginning and not after it has developed into something grand. Often sex is not an option when a headache initiates. If you are at dinner and a tension headache begins, you can’t exactly grab your partner and run off to the bedroom. You could consider excusing yourself to the restroom and masturbate. The release of sexual tension often will alleviate other tension in the body. This technique may not work with headaches that are not caused by tension, such as migraines or dehydration headaches.
- Sex boosts your immune system. Swapping saliva and bodily fluids boosts your immune response.
- Sex increases circulation.
- Sex burns 200 calories in 30 minutes.
- Sex builds a bonding connection with oxytocin.
- Sex builds self-esteem and confidence by helping you feel desirable and sexier. Boosting self-esteem was one of 237 reasons why people have sex, according to research conducted by University of Texas and published in “Archives of Sexual Behavior.”
- Sex strengthens the pelvic floor muscle and helps with bladder control.
- Sex helps you sleep better.
- Sex creates relaxation.
- Regular sex helps you produce more testosterone and sexual desire. That’s right, you have testosterone, too, and it is what makes us want more sex. Use it or lose it.
- Sex releases emotional aggression. It is much more than a physical release.
- Sex keeps menstrual periods more regular.
- Sex slows the aging process according to Secrets of the Super young, neurophysiologist Dr. David Weeks, M.D., of Scotland’s Royal Edinburgh Hospital, with regular sex shaving four to seven years off your appearance.
- Sex increases the pleasure you get out of life, physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Sex creates healthier hair, skin, nails for both of you and healthier sperm for him.
- Sex accesses deep parts of your authenticity through breaking down your walls, inhibitions and self-doubt. When a man can really see and open you, he can unlock the doors to your inner chambers to reveal your radiance.
- Sex can bring you to higher consciousness through moving Kundalini energy up the body and sending powerful energy from your lower chakra to your highest chakra.
With the exception of sexually transmitted diseases, there are no negative side effects of consenting sex. So have more sex. It is super good for you!!
For more details about the benefits of sex, see my book, Your Secret Chamber.
Write down which of these benefits you would like to gain from having more sex.